Get or Renew your E-Passport in Indianapolis
Courtesy of the Nigerian Consulate in New York and NIDO Indiana Chapter
Officials from the Consulate General of Nigeria, New York will be in Indianapolis on Friday October 4th and Saturday October 5th for Processing. It is important that you follow the instructions below
|Who can I contact if I have question||
|What is the Date and Time of the Processing||You will be processed on either
|When should I show up for processing||
The complete schedule has been emailed to the email address on your application.
Please call Gbile Adewunmi if you have not received the schedule.
Please show up at your assigned date and time
|Where will the processing take place?||Processing will take place at:
Anglican Cathedral Church of the Resurrection
|Must I appear in Person||Yes, your biometrics will be taken so you must appear in person
|What Fees will I have to pay.||You will need TWO money orders before you can be processed
1. A $60 money order PER APPLICANT payable to the Consulate General of Nigeria. Processing fee for ALL applicants
2. A $20 money order PER FAMILY payable to NIDO Indiana. This is to help with the mailing and logistics to set up the event
All members of a family MUST share the same last name. A separate document indicating what you are expected to pay is attached.
There are additional fees for Lost Passports – see below
Required Paperwork / Documentation
It is important to bring all the required documentation to make sure that you can be processed successfully. The required documentation for both Adults and Minors is spelled out below.
Note: You do not need to bring any photographs. Photographs will be taken by the Consulate officials
1. Copy of your online application form (signed and dated)
2. Copy of your Payment Confirmation Slip
3. Appropriate payment – See “What Fess will I have to pay?” above
4. Applicant’s current passport (ok if expired) AND photocopy of the data page clearly showing the photograph, full name and date of birth
- If current passport NOT presented, it will be considered lost – see instructions for lost passports below
5. Anyone requesting a name change must present a legal document supporting the change e.g. wedding certificate
First time adult applicants must also provide:
- 1 – 5 above as appropriate
- Applicant’s birth certificate
- Non-Nigerian born applicants must provide a copy of the Nigerian passport and letter of authorization from a Nigerian parent that appears on his/her birth certificate as right of citizenship
1. Signed letter of authorization from BOTH PARENTS
- Signatures should match the signatures on their respective passports and names should match those on the child’s birth certificate
2. Copy of the data pages of BOTH parents’ passports clearly showing the photograph, full name and date of birth
3. Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- In case where only one parent appears on the birth certificate, authorization need only come from the absent parent if the child bear his/her name
- In case where either parent has sole custody but both parents appear in name on the birth certificate, a copy of a legal document should be provided to this effect, and in which case, consent need only come from the single parent.
- In case one parent is deceased, a death certificate must be provided
Lost or stolen passports attract a penalty fee and a police report must be obtained. Applicants who are unable to provide their current passports must also present the following:
- All available evidence of the lost or stolen passport and / or proof of citizenship (i.e. birth certificate)
- Police Report
- $370.00 money order made payable to the Consulate of Nigeria, New York
Last minute applicants
1. Download Application Instructions: NIDO Application Instructions
2. Fill out the application and make the necessary payment
3. Show up for processing at one of the spillover time slots. Please note that applicants who are currently on the list have priority. While you are NOT guaranteed to be processed, we will do our best to serve you.
For any questions, contact one of the following people
The Nigerians in Diaspora Organization (NIDO), Indiana Chapter is offering two college scholarships for the 2013 – 2014 school year:
- $250 scholarship to be awarded to a college freshman
- $500 scholarship to be awarded to a college sophomore, junior or senior
The deadline for this year’s application has now passed. No further applications will be considered at this time.
Winners will be honored at the NIDO Indiana Independence Day Banquet on Sat. October 5th, 2013
The Nigerians in Diaspora Organization (NIDO), Indiana Chapter requests the pleasure of your company at the Nigerian Independence Day Dinner on Saturday, October 5 2013
Dinner at 5PM | Beautiful Shades | 4718 Century Plaza Road Indianapolis, IN 46254| $10/Person
- Pastor Fasoore & RCCG Covenant House
- Bishop Fagbamiye & Anglican Cathedral Church of the Resurrection
For their distinguished community service and outstanding accomplishments
Scholarships awardees will be recognized as well. | APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
There are no upcoming events.